HPE EVA Storage
1759494 Members
2672 Online
108883 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/8V (AA979A) - Download firmware upgrade to Fabric OS 5.3.2c

Martin66
Visitor

HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/8V (AA979A) - Download firmware upgrade to Fabric OS 5.3.2c

Hi.

We operate two ancient HP StorageWorks SAN switches 2/8V (AA979A) in our EVA8000 system.

We where able to buy an used device, but the Fabric OS Version installed is a old v4.4.0b.
I think we need Fabric OS Version v5.3.2c.
It seems HP does not provide the fabric OS versions any more for download.

Is there anywhere an alternative download source for the firmware Fabric OS Version v5.3.2c (and for v5.2.x as there is no direct upgrade path from 4.4.0b to 5.3.2c)?

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/8V (AA979A) - Download firmware upgrade to Fabric OS 5.3.2c

Martin66
Visitor

Betreff: Query: HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/8V (AA979A) - Download firmware upgrade to Fa

This content do not solve my issue, the download ist no longer possible using the link https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home .

Furthermore, I found some hints in the web that where is also no direct upgrade path from v4.4.0b to v5.2.3. Seems I would also need a v.5.0.x. f├╝r an intermediate update.

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Betreff: Query: HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/8V (AA979A) - Download firmware upgrade to Fa

Hi

when you upgrade you can not jump more than one version that is from 4.40 you can go 5.0.X to 5..1.x

and the to 5.2.X

but you need a valid contract to download

I would recommend going up to 7.4.X but that is more work

Regards