108873 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL+ Data Protector+ Zoning

SOLVED
Go to solution
Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

MSL+ Data Protector+ Zoning

I want to create a zone for my Backup. I have a SAN Switch connected with MSL Tape library, EVA controllers and Hosts.
I want to create a zone for my Backup and configure for the Direct SAN Backup. What is the recommended way of creating zones???

Backup Zone -
EVA Controller
DP Server HBA Port
MSL 6000 port

Pls let me know the best practise to create the zone for the Direct Backup.

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: MSL+ Data Protector+ Zoning

Hello,

you should zone the MSL to the backup server. If the backup server needs to connect to the EVA (maybe for mounting snapshots oder clones), you should zone the EVA to the server too.

After zoning the MSL to the server, you should create a proper mapping for the backup server, so that the server can connect to the changer and to the drive. If you have servers, which should be backuped by a lan-free backup, you should create a second mapping with only the drive in it. Then you can choose that mapping for servers, who only need a connect to the drive.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

HI,
As of now my SAN Switch is running with the following type of zones.
Each host has a separate zone created and added with EVA controller + Host.

My backup zone has Dp server+MSL+EVA controllers in it.

NSR i have just done the default configuration in it. Will you pls give me the steps or any document which shows the step by step NSR configuration will be helpfull for me.

Thanks

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

IS it require to add the MSL Tape Library to all host zones to configure the Direct SAN Backup ???

Is it require to add MSL to all other host zones for San Backup ???