HPE EVA Storage
1755385 Members
4828 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems with SWCC storage window viewing a HSZ80 controller (RA8000)

TAck_1
Occasional Contributor

Problems with SWCC storage window viewing a HSZ80 controller (RA8000)

This is older equipment, but I am trying to get this working.

I have a RA8000 (dual HSZ80 controllers) connected to a Tru64 5.1B PK3 system. I have a Windows system configured with the Storage Works Command Console V2.2.0 and network connectivity to the Tru64 host. The SWCC software sees the steamd agent on the Tru64 host (it returns the version number of 2.5.0). The SWCC software sees the RA8000 on the Tru64 hosts (it displays the "ra8000" in teh Command Console tree), but it shows the host and ra8000 as greyed out (meaning "no network connectivity" according to the SWCC help). I can't display the storage window for the RA8000.

I know the SWCC software is working correctly because it can display storage on other Tru64 hosts (KZPCC and SWXCR controllers) and display their storage windows. I know that network connectivity to the steamd agent on the Tru64 host is working because it detects the RA8000 when I add the host in the SWCC tree. it shows the steamd version in Properties for the host, and it will return the firmware version (V83Z) from the HSZ80 controllers. However, it shows a subsystem state of "unknown" and the interface states "no errors found" when contacting the agent.

If I use the standalone StorageWorks CC CLI Window entry on the Start menu, I can connect to the HSZ's in command line (I am prompted for the agent password which I enter and then can get output from commands like "show this", etc.) If I run the "HSZ Storage Window" directly from the Start menu (not from withing the SWCC hierarchial storage view), I am prompted for the hostname. When I provide this host name and do a "Detect Subsytems", I don't get a entry in the Subsystem name field, but I get "24-Device" in "Subsystem Physical View" and "6 Channel Small" in the "Subsystem Grid view" field. But the "Connect" button is dimmed - I can't connect.

Can anyone help me get the storage window working? I want to use this for a quick visual evaluation of array status.

Thanks,

Tom
2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with SWCC storage window viewing a HSZ80 controller (RA8000)

I know that there are different 'plugins' for backplane RAID and external RAID controllers, but I have never worked with a mix of them. Are you sure you have installed the one for the HSZ80?
TAck_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: Problems with SWCC storage window viewing a HSZ80 controller (RA8000)

The plugin I have is titled the "HSZ storage window", so I think it is the right one. I haven't found any other HSZ related plugins (and, as I recall, this one came on the ACS software CDs for the HSZ/HSG80 controllers).