New Discussion юеВ

Re: QLogic HBA configuration questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
JorisK
Regular Advisor

QLogic HBA configuration questions

Hi everyone,

We have a Blade c class with an dual port FC HBA (QMH2462). On the server is running Windows 2003 with SP2 and the latest updates. I have installed the proper HBA drivers and QLogic SAN Surfer. Windows 2003 recognizes the 2 QLogic cards properly.

1) I want to set up the first HBA FC port as "Loop preferred, otherwise Point to Point" and the second HBA port as Loop only which sould make the 2nd port offline and standby in case port 1 fails. I go trough the Wizard in QGlogic SANSurfer and in the end the wizard prompts me for a password! Anyone here that knows what to fill in there?? I have no passwords configured, even when i don't bind the port to a a LUN at all it still prompts me for a password.

2) We have an EVA4400 with some vdisks on it. What exactly do i need to install in order to make the vdisks visible for Windows 2003? On our ESX3.5 hosts the vdisks can be reached but not on this Windows 2003 host.

Best Regards,
Joris
3 REPLIES 3
Simon Setina
Advisor
Solution

Hi Joris

SANSurfer default password is config.

Regards
Simon
JorisK
Regular Advisor

Thanks Simon, the configuration is now stored.

Anyone here that can help me out with the EVA4400 question? (question 2)
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Joris,

there should be no difference in the steps you perform to see the VDISKS in Windows then what you do on the EVA (CommandView).
Once you are able to see the WWN of the Windows host in the CV EVA host creation drop down box, all should be fine and you should be able to present your VDISKS to the hosts.

At the Windows side you should add the MPIO driver to filter out the multiple paths that Windows sees to the same VDISK and add the EVA DSM, they are available here for X64 Windows 2003:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=421494&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=421492&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1113

HTH

Kris