HPE EVA Storage
1760029 Members
2540 Online
108889 Solutions
New Discussion

Storage Ess. - Switch details dont's seem to update.

KennethMRay
Advisor

Storage Ess. - Switch details dont's seem to update.

We recently upgraded the firmware on some of the switches and it still shows the older firmware rev. I have it do an update. I've removed and ran the discovery again and it still says the old version. Does this software actually update like it should or is there some trick I have to do like jump up and down on one leg?

thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

Re: Storage Ess. - Switch details dont's seem to update.

Hi Ken,

I feel your pain with this one mate :-)
To be honest jumping up and down on one leg will probably have better odds in getting SE to function correctly on a consistant basis than anything else.

On the off chance however, I would look at your SMI's service provider. Im taking a guess here as I dont know what fibre switches you use but SE has to use a proxy agent to be able to talk to the switches. In my case its a Brocade SMI Proxy Provider ( ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/smisproviders/brocade_provider.pdf )

If this agent isnt speaking to your switches successfully then SE wont update the details as the wont communicate in the same language. The person who istalled SE should install this agent on a seperate server however its possible that its on the same server you have SE installed on.

Investigate along these lines and Im sure you will be able to get SE updated. Best of luck and hope it goes well!

If you get SE functioning correctly remember to take some screen shots and frame them on your wall as no one will believe you otherwise ;-)