HPE OneView
1755401 Members
3198 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Change Web Server port to other than 443 instead of Server Hardware Mgmt Port

Stephan G
Regular Advisor

Change Web Server port to other than 443 instead of Server Hardware Mgmt Port

Hi everyone,

i am searching for a way to change the port of the website so that i can build better firewall rules.
I found a not so good way by changing the communication port between the ILOs and the OneView Mgmt Port. But then i have to access all the ILOs and change it (or script this one time change).

So the other one would be way easier. But i could not find the right setting or the hint in the manual. Is this possible?

BR

Stephan

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Change Web Server port to other than 443 instead of Server Hardware Mgmt Port

Security by obsecurity, isn't security.  However, if you do need/want to change the management port of iLO from HTTPS 443/TCP to a different value, you need to do this first on the iLO.  Then, in OneView, you go to Settings -> Global Settings and you can change it there, as shown in this screenshot:

Change Management Processor HTTPS Port in OneView.png

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Stephan G
Regular Advisor

Thanks - this is the setting i already found

Means that i have to access all ILOs and change the port to another one. 
So i was looking for the other way - but if there is none - i just might do this.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Well, this setting is global and requires all iLOs to be configured for this port.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo