New Discussion

Betreff: OneView for vCenter - Invalid VMware session

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nico_L
Occasional Contributor

OneView for vCenter - Invalid VMware session

Hi,

after having trouble upgrading HPE server firmware with "Amplifier Pack" through vCenter HSM plugin, we decided to migrate to OneView + OneView for vCenter.

Our infrastrucuture looks like this:

Network A:
vCenter (IPv4+IPv6)

Network B:
OneView Appliance (IPv4+IPv6)
OneView for vCenter Appliance (IPv4 configured, gets IPv6 SLAAC address)

Now the plugin is commicating through port TCP/3512 to the OV4VC appliance, but if we try to open a configuration page we get the error listed in the attached screenshot.

On our firewall log communication is allowed, but logged so we can see that the aplliance is communicating to the vCenter through HTTPs by using the IPv6 SLAAC address. We think this might cause this strange behaviour. Is there anyway to configure a "real" IPv4/IPv6 dual stack? Maybe through ssh access?

Kind regards,

Nico

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: OneView for vCenter - Invalid VMware session

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter 10.1 User Guide

2. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter User Guide (8.3)

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Nico_L
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hey,

a small update from my side.

At this moment we are using OneView 8.70.00-0486025 with OneView for vCenter 11.4.0 connected to a vCenter 8.0u2.
Our whole infrastructure is designed to be compatible with IPv6, so we do built everything (if it's supported) in dual stack. Because of this we have SLAAC enabled on every network inside of our NSX overlay.

That's why the OV4VC appliance get's an IPv6 SLAAC address as soon as we connect it to our NSX overlay. The big problem is now, that the application cannot handle dual stack and neither IPv6 is disabled in the hardend OS nor IPv4 is prioritized over IPv6 traffic (e.g. via gai.conf).
This leads to strange side effects. Thats why its not working correctly. Once we disable SLAAC for the NSX network, reboot (so the appliance loses the SLAAC address) and redeploy the plugin to vcenter, everything works as expected.

I hope this helps some of you guys!

Best regards,

Nico

Sunitha_Mod

Hello Nico,

That's awesome! 

We are extremely glad to know you were able to find the solution and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. Hope this helps the other users in the Community. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo