New Discussion

Open a Ticket via OneView

SOLVED
Go to solution
Johannes_we
Frequent Advisor

Open a Ticket via OneView

Hey Folks,

is there any chance to manually open a ticket via OneView?

So far ticket only gets opened when OneView thinks it´s needed but e.g. adding an iLO that has a defect disk already is not triggering an auto generated case.

BR
Johannes

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Open a Ticket via OneView

Unfortunately, not today. Only OneView Remote Support will assist creating cases based on known break/fix events.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Johannes_we
Frequent Advisor

Any chance to raise a feature request?
Or is Compute Ops taking over OneView so there is no feature development to OneView any longer ?

BR
Johannes

Content provided within this e-mail including any attachments, is for the use of the intended recipients and may contain Rohde & Schwarz company restricted information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution of this communication in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email or by telephone and delete the communication in its entirety.
DanCernese
HPE Pro
Solution

There is ongoing development for HPE OneView and we continue to release new versions on a very predictable cadence (if you look it's approximately 2 months).

Your feature suggestion is creative and useful.  There is, no doubt, ongoing discussions within HPE for all customer requests around where to deploy those features, in HPE OneView, Greenlake Compute Ops Management, or other unreleased projects.  Sometimes (but rarely) variations of similar features are deployed among multiple products.

Around your original issue:  disk failures that are in HBA mode (not RAID) must be reported through the Operating System.  The disk controller doesn't report those failures through HPE OneView because HBA mode is pretty much a complete pass-through to the OS.  There are some specific storage adapters where the newest iLO, newest adapter firmware and driver will report those failures, but it is a recent improvement and not necessarily across all adapter models. [edit to add a missing word]

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
hobby21
Regular Visitor

Hello

For support or consulting, file a service request through My Oracle Support. Thank you for your feedback! From the Enterprise Manager console, you can manually open a ServiceNow ticket based on an open incident in Enterprise Manager. The ServiceNow connector populates the ticket with details based on the incident and the ticket template selected.