1761336 Members
3184 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server Hardware Migration issue - Email Address

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Server Hardware Migration issue - Email Address

I am trying to migrate several DL380 Gen 10 servers one at a time from my OV 6.6.x appliance to my OV 8.00.x appliance. When I start the migration process, the server is initially created in the new OV appliance, but once it is created, about 3 to 4 seconds later it is removed. I was able to capture the error message:

Discover dependencies from source appliance oneview-psoc.hcbocc.ad
Server hardware license is available.
Migrate server hardware CoH-N1-ILO (172.26.100.191).
Migration cancelled.
Remove server hardware CoH-N1-ILO from this appliance.

Resolution: Provide another email address or use the other contact.

So the person on-call in our enviornment is listed as a Contact in the "Remote Support" section in each of our OV appiance BY DESIGN. So what is the issue here? I can't seem to find a hit on the internet for a fix. 

Thanks in advnace...Scott

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please open a support case to work through the issue. Be prepared to provide an appliance support dump from the source and destination appliances.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BillyShine
HPE Pro

Hi Scott can you share the support case for this issue. Thanks

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
BillyShine
HPE Pro

hi Scott

The OVRS team investigated this issue but were unable to reproduce using a DL380 Gen10. I will close the defect we opened based on not being able to reproduce.

However if you continue to experience this issue please open a ticket with HPE Support. This helps us track the issue and also access additional logs etc as needed.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Oneview is becoming more of a pain that what it is worth. Espically the SUT process. There seems to be an issue with any various firmware component in the Gen10, or the Gen10+ servers. Half the time, it is quicker to simply copy the SPP ISO to the server and manually do it then, having to open a ticket for every little show-stopping issue you come across. I have been working with Oneview for nearly 5 years now. I am just over the SUT process not working as indented! 

The juice is just NOT worth the squeeze anymore. A different issue all the time...

comm99
Occasional Visitor

Hi Scott

Sorry to hear that your support experience has not been good. We are constantly trying to improve it. If you can create a case and share the case # I can follow up on it directly. That way it is less likely to get misdirected etc. And this does help us track issues and provides a reference should issues re-occur later. So far we have had zero issues reported for device migration related to OVRS. So it is important for us that any issues that are occuring are surfaced.