New Discussion юеВ

Unable to get type data message after upgrading from OneView 8.80 to 8.90

SOLVED
Go to solution
quesnl
Advisor

Unable to get type data message after upgrading from OneView 8.80 to 8.90

Hi,

I just upgarded yesterday OneView 8.80 to 8.90 and now I have this message on all my systems. Anybody else is having this message after the upgrade ?

2024-05-02_7-44-32.png

14 REPLIES 14
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to get type data message after upgrading from OneView 8.80 to 8.90

This is newly emerging problem and HPE would appreciate a support case with a support dump please. 

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Our current understanding is that this is a new occurance of an impoper check of the existing server hardware types that fails.  Please inspect your installation for unused or unsupported server hardware type(s) and delete them.  You may need to use a RESTapi client, see below.

Although the root cause is different, we believe the resolution in this advisory will also address your situation.  If not, please ensure you have a case with a support dump:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00136128en_us&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
quesnl
Advisor

That is for verion 8.60 and version  8.70 fix the issue. I have the issue with version 8.90.

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Yes, I know.  You can wait for the advisory to be updated or you can perform the remediation now.  There is a new root cause of the same problem that was introduced in 8.90; the remediation is the same (other than obviously the update to 8.70). 

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
quesnl
Advisor
Solution

I just saw the update advisory this morning. Working to implement the the fix.

Advisory: HPE OneView - OneView User Interface May Display "Unable to Get Type Data. An Unexpected Error Occurred" Message

Thanks evrybody for your help with the issue.

JRBull
Occasional Advisor

In the revised advisory there is a hyperlink called  Server Hardware Types  that points to https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview8.6/cic-api/en/index.html#rest/server-hardware-types which is now returning a 404 - File or directory not found.

Does anyone have a revised link for this reference information?

quesnl
Advisor

JRBull
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, that is helpful.

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Hello @quesnl 

I have the same problem after updating from 8.80.00-0487836 to 8.90.00-0490022. All Gen8 and Gen9 servers (total 10 servers) have this message.
I do not understand the advisory

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00136128en_us&hprpt_id=ALERT_HPE_3066324&jumpid=em_pom8nu6hj_aid-521053889.

Were you able to solve the problem? What exactly were the steps involved?