HPE ProLiant Storage Systems
1758027 Members
1844 Online
108866 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can't Find TxtSetup.oem

Randy G. Hutchings

Can't Find TxtSetup.oem

I had to install W2K on a Proliant 8000 all over again and In the windows Installation I remember that these InSTRUCTION from the PAST:

Insert the Windows 2000/Server 2003 CD to begin the installation process. If prompted, press any key to boot from the CD.

When Windows 2000/Server 2003 Setup displays the message "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver”, press "F6".

When Windows 2000/Server 2003 Setup displays the message "Setup could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system, or you have chosen to manually specify an adapter," press "S" to specify an addition device.

I've download the 4250ES driver SP14450.exe put there was NO TXTSETUP.OEM inside..

Where can I find the TXTSETUP for 4250ES Smart Array Controller?

Thanks in advance!

Randy
1 REPLY 1
tbone72
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can't Find TxtSetup.oem

Randy,

The reason there is no TXTSETUP.OEM file provided with the driver for Windows 2000 is that Windows 2000 already includes this driver on the OS CD(cpqarry2.sys). This is a bug in Windows 2000(fixed in 2003) where if the driver is already on the OS CD it will not use the one provided by user during F6 setup. You should just be able to boot the CD and it should see your SA 4250ES controller disks. You will want to update the driver after the OS is installed by installing the ProLiant Support Pack or by installing the driver component. Here is a link to the latest version of the compoennt for the driver: http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17750.html

Tom