108866 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storage works enclosure 4354R

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carlos Vega
Advisor

Storage works enclosure 4354R

I need to know if some software exists that allows to see the serial number me of storage.
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Storage works enclosure 4354R

Carlos:

The serial number is usually stamped on the back of the 4354R shelf as well as might be on the front, on a little sticker.

If you do not have access to the box physically, your Management Agents should be able to tell you what teh serial number is if the box is directly connected. If you can term serve into the box and go to http://localhost:2301 you might be able to see this info. (Assuming the management agents are loaded and this is a Proliant server.)

If the box is connected to a Storage Subsystem, like a MA8000 or a MSA1000, then I am not too sure how to get the serial number. I believe that ACU might show the serial number of the shelf in one of the information screens if it is attached to an MSA. For the MA8k though it might be a bit more challanging.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Carlos Vega
Advisor

thanks, I am going to prove your suggestion and I inform the results to you.
Carlos Vega
Advisor

Steven, the server proliant ML530 has connected two external storage disk, one of them does not have the label of the serial number, with the tool that you gave me I obtain a serial number of the external box, but when I proved with the other storage disk, the serial number does not agree with the label of the box. That I can do? thanks for your aid.
Carlos Vega
Advisor

The procedure indicated by steven worked, the serial of enclosure was obtained and was verified.