4961 Online
108831 Solutions
New Discussion

Downlink ports on synergy

daliborazure
Occasional Advisor

Downlink ports on synergy

Hi

I have downlink port linked but it is in amber state. However I cannot see documentation to see what that means

downlink port.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Re: Downlink ports on synergy

Did you try floating your pointer over it to see the reason?  Also, click through and expand the port in the table for more information.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Downlink ports on synergy

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView 8.7 User Guide for HPE Synergy | Downlink ports

2. HPE OneView 7.2 User Guide for HPE Synergy | Downlink ports

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

daliborazure
Occasional Advisor

downlink port.JPG

When i float the mouse I get this it says linked but it doesnt say what could be the reason

daliborazure
Occasional Advisor

downlink port.JPG

Walked down to datacenter and saw that the uplink ports  are all solid orange so basically no activity

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer handy; I would click through to the server profile's connections and adapter ports and inspect there.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Dane_L
HPE Pro

On the interconnect page, select the dropdown "Dowlink Ports", then click on the gray triangle next to the port in question. What does the state show there for the Mezz card connections?

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
daliborazure
Occasional Advisor

@Dane_L 

here is what i can seedownlink port triangle.JPG

When i go to HPE One view I can see this  downlink port.JPG

So i assumed everything is good with uplinks

But when I walked to datacentre I can see that all these ports Q1:1-4 are solid orange

I would expect if I see orange on interconnect that I should see the same thing on One view but apparently it is not the case so I had to walk to datacentre to see that it is actually solid orangesolid orange.JPG