New Discussion ī„‚

Re: Intelligent provisioning stuck, cannot start Smart Arrazy Manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jujux
Occasional Contributor

Intelligent provisioning stuck, cannot start Smart Arrazy Manager

Hello Community,

I'm recently facing problems to access Smart Array Utility on a Synergy 480 Gen10 on several blades.

Here are blades details :

Dual Xeon Gold 6152 / 768GB
Mezzanine Slot 1 HPE Smart Array P416ie-m SR G10 6.22
Mezzanine Slot 3 Synergy 3820C 10/20Gb CNA 7.18.85

The blade is full updated to last SPP (2023-10-01).

When I hit the F10 key, and choose intelligent provisioning, the screen is stuck with "Fetching System Data" message.

Here is a screenshot:

Sans titre.png

Where I choose Smart Storage Administrator, the screen keeps stuck on this image:

Sans titre.png

I have 3 blades blocked for the moment with this ussue, so I cannot manage my raid areas.

Does somebody face this kind of issue, with a workaround ?

Thanks for attention

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

You may update Intelligent Provisioning using "Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media for Gen10 and Gen10 Plus" and see if it helps.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Jujux
Occasional Contributor

Hello TVVJ,

You made my day ! I've used the recovery ISO, and now Intelligent Provisionning works like a charm.

I was thinking this tool was also update through Synergy SPP, it seems it's not the case, do you confirm ?

As the blades are 6 years old I suppose that Intelligent Provisionning was running a 2018 release...

Ju

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Correct, Intelligent Provisioning (and the associated utilities like SSA on the compute module) are not updated with the standard SSP firmware bundle.  HPE OneView does not utilize IP or the local SSA.  In fact, if you define local storage in the Composer's server profiles you should not touch them with the compute module's local SSA.  However, if you're manually managing local storage it makes complete sense to update and use the local utilities.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Jujux
Occasional Contributor

I prefer to manage arrays directly from the compute module, instead of Oneview profiles, because I regularly move a lot of hard drives between frames.

Thanks again for your help !

I wish you a nice day.

Juju