1758650 Members
2227 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: V3001 Http access denied

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

V3001 Http access denied

I have 12 NBX systems ranging from NBX 100 to V3001. The system (V3001) in question runs version 6_5_22 of code. Last Friday Http and FTP access stopped responding and now its happened again. Only a hard reboot via powering it off resolves this. We are a big company and I cant keep shutting the system down to regain http access.

This box is 3 months old, has a memory upgrade, 50 users and about 100 devices in use. It should have plenty of power to run my setup. Before you ask I do not have a Hyper Terminal session open as this is at anothe location. Is there a command I can run from the VxWorks cmd prompt in order to stop and restart HTTP services?

All phones are still registered and have dial tone. I just cant get to the box from a PC.

Please note I was connected as Admin via Mozilla and also as a user with IE 6 (not IE 8) when this happened. It should be able to run two seperate connections at once. This is not a fluke, its a recurring problem. Can someone help?

I have yet to reboot in hopes someone has a quick fix or way to regain access.

Merlin any thoughts?

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
8 REPLIES 8
DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

I also have a multiple machine setup for which I am responsible for.

I finally got tired of not knowing what was up, so I  had a computer dedicated to the system  at each location,so I could have hyperterm running all the time, in capture mode.

Then I just have to RDP into the system to access the cmd line.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

The only real way to find out what is going on is to set up a hyperterm , or in a bind , you can telnet in and set up a telnet hyperterm . The telnet session , if the NBX is not responding will not give you any info . If the system say suspends a couple of tasks then you can find out what tasks are suspended . also , you may be able to run an nbxSaveCore if necessary as well . Just make sure to go into the hidden page and allow telnet as its shut off as a default . Not rrealy a solid way to hyperterm but in a bind it may be a way to get to the NBX . I agree with dan as to set up a remote pc and connect to the NBX . If this box is the only one giving trouble then maybe just temp and we can log in remotely if neceesary and assist . Open a case with us and we would be glad to assist .

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

Merlin,

I dont have a support contract so cant open a case. I need your help. It froze again this morning. Cant telnet to it, says all session used or something. Everytime I try to alter or remove ext 3000 the system freezes. We have to find a fix, I have Hterm running right now.

614-805-0559 Help if you can please.

FYI,. Auto ATtendant stops working when HTTP suspended itself today.

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Unfortunately I cannot help without a case .

When the issue occurs , do a small i then enter . Find out what tasks are suspended and use

aim 

I am

merlin02131

mohamed.sabbah
Frequent Advisor

Here I have same issue and more. System is V3001 Analog, Software 6.5.22, 50 users, 4x analog lines using the NBX integrated FXO ports. We are using IE 8 and Firefox 3.6.3, but when this problem happens, suddenly it locks/freezes the web access to the NBX, although all phones will continue to get dial tone and have ability to communicate. I have read the knowledgebase, and thought that maybe some network traffic is causing distruption to the NBX Web Service (There are recommendations to block any tcp/udp traffic to NBX port 1024-1025). I have created ACL rules on the switch to block this as per the recommendation, but still the issue persists. Luckily I still have service contract for this device and I have opened a ticket, and should be getting a response very soon from 3Com.  Will be posting the results as soon as the cause is clear. Another issue my customer reported today, is that sometimes phones will start ringing suddenly, and when the user picks the phones to answer, the ringing continues, and will not stop until that phone is rebooted. Really strange, and could not find similar cases logged in the knowledgebase! 

I wanted to ask you Michael, what LAN switches you are using in you network to connect NBX and Phones? In our case, the customer is using cisco LAN switches, and in my next visit to his site, I am planning to disable all STP and CDP traffic on interfaces connecting to the NBX. I am disperately seeking a solution to bring the setup to stability, as this is a pilot project with our customer, and three more sites will follow should the solution prove to be robust and stable!

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your help on this as I am at a loss. The NBX itself sits on a layer II unmanaged 3Com switch. That switch gets an upling from a Cisco 3560 G24t. The phones plug into an unmanaged 3com switch.

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
mohamed.sabbah
Frequent Advisor

In our case, the NBX is connected to Cisco Catalyst 3560G-24, while phones are connected to catalyst 3560. This is my first implementation of 3Com NBX over a Cisco gear, and frankly speaking everytime we are facing any issue, immediately I think it is caused by the cisco gear. I have done many installation before on 3Com switches, and non of these issues were there. Any how, let us wait for what 3Com support has to say before we jump to conclusions.

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

I agree with you 100%. Cisco causes all sorts of issues when paired with 3Com I think. I support many V3001s across a WAN and these systems are great. Not much support out there though, the knowledge base is a joke really and VAR vendors and others know less than I do, much less. 3Com have all teh keys to all the dorrs but will not give me a service contract on the main system at HQ. They want a contract on all systems or nothing.

If you have any other issues let me know. I am pretty good with these system and also install them on the side.  Below is my email address.

mbarnett@influentinc.com

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017