New Discussion

MSA Alert Message

SOLVED
Go to solution
socr
Advisor

MSA Alert Message

Hi Admin
When I remove last disk(number is 24)  to verify alert message,Confused me :PHYs: 25 ??  The MSA only 24 disks。

it shown:
A PHY was disabled. (enclosure: 1, module (disabled path to this disk): A, drawer: 1, disk slot: 24, reason: )
A PHY was disabled. (enclosure: 1, module (disabled path to this disk): B, drawer: 1, disk slot: 24, reason: )
The SAS topology changed (hardware components were added or removed). (Channel: 1, number of elements: 100, expanders: 1, native levels: 0, partner levels: 1, device PHYs: 25)
The SAS topology changed (hardware components were added or removed). (Channel: 0, number of elements: 100, expanders: 1, native levels: 1, partner levels: 0, device PHYs: 25)
The SAS topology changed (hardware components were added or removed). (Channel: 1, number of elements: 100, expanders: 1, native levels: 0, partner levels: 1, device PHYs: 25)
The SAS topology changed (hardware components were added or removed). (Channel: 0, number of elements: 100, expanders: 1, native levels: 1, partner levels: 0, device PHYs: 25)
A PHY was enabled. (enclosure: 1, module (enabled path to this disk): A, drawer: 1, disk slot: 24)
A PHY was enabled. (enclosure: 1, module (enabled path to this disk): B, drawer: 1, disk slot: 24)
Discovery and initialization of enclosure data was completed following a rescan.

3 REPLIES 3
Cali
Honored Contributor

Betreff: MSA Alert Message

Hi,

PHY is not the Physical Disk, even if it sounds so.

Explanation from "HPE MSA 1060/2060/2062 CLI Reference Guide":

PHY
One of two hardware components that form a physical link between devices in a SAS network that enables transmission of data.

This Message is the right one:

A PHY was disabled. (enclosure: 1, module (disabled path to this disk): A, drawer: 1, disk slot: 24, reason: )

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
socr
Advisor
Solution

Thanks, Cali.
I removed disks then  put slot again to verify alert message secondary,
but no more display "A PHY was disabled. and A PHY was enabled.
What settings do I need to make "A PHY was disabled. and A PHY was enabled. appear again?

Cali
Honored Contributor

Don't take care of PHY Messages and don't change PHY Settings without direction from technical support.

Everything is fine, leave it as it is.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.