1755042 Members
3592 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: older Firmware needed

craigreilly
Occasional Visitor

older Firmware needed

Helping a business out with their MSA 2040. IT seems I need a support contract to get older Firmware: GL220P010 before I goto the current GL225P002-02.

I called Tech Support, who said to speak to sales for warranty purchase. I called Sales, and they referred me back to the original Tech Support Number. 

We need to replace our 2 controllers and have been told we should update firmware first in case the software on the new one has a conflict with the older Controller.

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

there should not be a problem replacing the controller

if you have Partner Firmware Update (PFU) option enabled

then the higher firmware will be the one installed on both conrollers

read about it in MSA 2050 1050 SMU reference guide  on page 30

Regards

Give KUDO if this helps

craigreilly
Occasional Visitor

@giladzzz 

Unfortunately, the B controller, thesecond one replaced, says this every 3 minutes in the log:

The Management Controller Booted up. MC Firmware version GLM200R017-01 - Code 139 ID B135.

So something went wrong.

If I goto the HTTP of the controller IP, it says "Firmware update in progress".

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @craigreilly,

As @giladzzz mentioned, ideally the controller with older firmware must update to the later version on the other controller. Can you please follow the alert message "Firmware update in progress" and fetch more details? At what stage it is stuck? Does the error elaborate on the reason for the firmware update being paused? Is there any option available to resume the firmware update? 

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo