1758597 Members
1836 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

replica MSA 2060

jdiaz220481
Occasional Advisor

replica MSA 2060

I have two MS 2060 FC, I need to replicate volumes between these computers, each computer is in two different geographical locations, I do not have point-to-point FC, it is necessary that they be seen by FC or it can be replicated by IP through the administration positions that are to 1G, which will REQUIRE to be carried out, they will have a document that explains it and a diagram to present to the managers since I have found something clear, Greetings and THANK YOU very much.

2 REPLIES 2
ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Re: replica MSA 2060

Hi,  MSA 2060 FC controllers would have 4 FC host ports per controller and one management ethernet port. For replication to work the controller FC host ports on the 2 MSAs should be able to communicate with each other and transfer data. The management ethernet port wont handle the replication data traffic.   From SMU guide(Page 45):  https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00128580en_us&docLocale=en_US To replicate a volume, you must first create a peer connection or use an existing one, and create a replication set. A peer connection establishes bi-directional communication between a local and remote system, both of which must have FC or iSCSI ports, a virtual pool, and an Advanced Data Services license. The system establishes a peer connection by
connecting a host port on the local system with a user-specified host port on the remote system, then exchanging information and setting up a long-term communication path in-band. Because the communication path establishes a peer connection between the two systems, replications can occur in either direction.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Re: replica MSA 2060

Hi , We wanted to follow up and check if the information shared addressed the query. Request you to please respond with a Yes/No. You may also click on "Accept as a solution" button if the issue is resolved.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo