Netservers
1755538 Members
3948 Online
108834 Solutions
New Discussion

CD NAVIGATOR NETSERVER LXe PRO

Diana Fortuna

CD NAVIGATOR NETSERVER LXe PRO

I don´t have the CD NETSERVE Navigator and our server appear this messaje WARNING:CONFIGURATION NOT FOUND
7 REPLIES 7
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: CD NAVIGATOR NETSERVER LXe PRO

You need to clear the configuration. Not sure on the Pentium Pro units, but later units have a jumper or switch to close to clear any old configuration out.
The CD is not necessary to do this.
Check netserver.hp.com for you server. I looked to see if I had a manual on file, the only thing close we have is the LH Pro. It used a piece of software they called ECU, EISA Configuration Utility.

If you have trouble finding the ECU, let me know, I will see if I can find it.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
e4services
Honored Contributor

If you have customized or made any special settings using BIOS Setup Utility, clearing CMOS will reset everything back to defaults. Before clearing CMOS, record all current settings from the system BIOS Setup Utility then after clearing CMOS, enter the system BIOS Setup Utility and reapply the settings used before clearing CMOS.

Move the "Clear CMOS switch to "ON."

Connect the power cord and video cable to your NetServer.

Turn on your NetServer to clear the configuration.

The power-on diagnostic fails and a number of error codes appear indicating that the configuration is no longer valid.

Turn off your NetServer and disconnect the power cord.

Move the "CMOS Clear" switch to "OFF."

Replace the cover.

Connect all external cables and power cords.

Turn on your NetServer. Insert the HP NetServer Navigator CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive and press the "RESET" button on the front of the NetServer.

Use the EISA Configuration Utility to reconfigure your NetServer.

Hot Swap Hard Drives
e4services
Honored Contributor

I can not find it listed, BUT.....
HP NetServer LX, LXe and LXr Drivers for DOS - HP Business Support Center - May have it
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ns846en&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440

HP NetServer LX, LXe and LXr BIOS - HP Business Support Center - you can always flash the BIOS and clear it.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ns843en&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Diana,

Look inside the server for an ESD sleeve with a diskette inside it. You should have an ECU disk in there. If not, you can download it from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50460&prodNameId=15406&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns856en

Good luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Diana Fortuna

Thanks for ALL
So, I can installing of WNT4 but when this starup apper this message INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Help me please
e4services
Honored Contributor

You must install the SCSI and/or RAID drivers when asked for "third party drives" during the first part of the NT install, F8
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Diana,

Two things come to mind here:
1. You need to verify which controller the hard drives are connected to and create a diskette with the drivers on it.

2. The older servers had a problem with installing Windows NT directly from the CD. I recommend creating the 3 boot floppies. If you are on an NT box, go to the run line and use the command winnt32.exe /ox
From DOS, just drop the 32 from the command.

Boot to the first floppy and as soon as you see the blue setup screen, start pressing to specify 3rd party mass storage drivers. After the setup has finished copying the executive files, you will be given the option to specify by pressing "S". Choose "Other" and select the controller driver in the list.

Next, be sure to load the CDROM driver by going back into (S)pecify and scrolling UP the list until you find ATAPI IDE CDROM 1.2 (or something to that effect).

Continue installing normally

Let us know how it goes,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.