2887 Online
108884 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LH3 and DLT 40 and Tekram DC 315/U

Timothy Ma
Advisor

LH3 and DLT 40 and Tekram DC 315/U

Hello There,

I just purchased a Quantum DLT 40 (SE - SCSI)and tried to use a Tekram DC-315U SCSI controller. I have NT 4 server and after downloading the drivers, the device is not recognized. The card sits in PCI slot #3 and uses IRQ 5. I tried the DLT (with the card and cable) on a Windows 2000 and XP workstation and all checks out fine.

I have a HP Netraid 3Si controller in slot #4 and I have disabled the on board Netraid controller (Channels A and B). My 3Si is configured to run all three channesl with:

1) 2 Non hot swapped drives - 0 and 1
2) RAID 5 - with 8 SCSI drives on cage 1 and 2 and take up channels 2 and 3 on the 3 Si.

Is this model of SCSI card compatable with the LH3? Can I use an Adaptec 2906 SCSI or any other compatable controller? I would like to get this working. Any sugguestions please.

Thanks Timothy
5 REPLIES 5
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Make sure, that you did not set it up with the same SCSI id as another device.
That would be my first idea.
Then check whether all cables an connectors are in place. Also pls check the termination of the scsi bus.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
gruson
Advisor

Hi Timothy,

If you have disabled the two on-board Netraid
channels, why not try to use on-board SE-SCSI
which is activated in this case ?

What does it do ?

Fab.
tout est urgent pour le boss
Timothy Ma
Advisor

I disabled the on-board SCSI controller becuase I wanted to boot from the 3Si controller and the documentation says to disable this in the BIOS. I did that and set up the NetRaid 3Si. I have not tried the SE SCSI channel...I'm not sure if it will work. Maybe I'll try it. Thanks

Timothy
gruson
Advisor

Hi,

If you disabled the secondary Netraid Channel
on I/O Board, the on-board SCSI connector is
activated. Many customers configs are like
this one.
So, you should try it.
Another point : you can use embedded Netraid
channel and a pci raid card simultanously.
For boot, go to setup and choose boot device
priority (you can specify which card has to
be used first).
Hope it will help you.

Bye.

Fab.
tout est urgent pour le boss
Timothy Ma
Advisor

Thanks Guys,

It works now. I just plugged the SCSI cable into the SE SCSI port on the top portion of the I/O card and the DLT tape was enabled. Thanks for all the advise.

Timothy