Netservers
1754303 Members
3229 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: LXr 8000 Mem issue

Lou_20

LXr 8000 Mem issue

Navigator CD/Event Log states there is a memory error in slot 4. The specs I've pulled up don't indicate where slot 4 is. Rather, it refers to the memory slots as "Banks" and instead of Numberical the specs refer to Alpha. ie. Bank A, Bank B, etc. Futhermore, the memory board are labeled; J12, J14, etc. How can I determine which Bank or J circuit is slot 4? Does anyone have a decoder I can borrow? -Lou
2 REPLIES 2
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Lou
the slot should on J4

However, if you are running microsoft you can download the HP instant top tools utility which will tell you what is what

you can download the Instant top tools from this link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US〈=English&pnameOID=15367&prodSeriesId=50440&prodTypeId=15351&basePartNum=COL3288&locBasepartNum=ns-11142-1&os=Microsoft+Windows+2000+Server&tech=Utility++HP+Instant+Toptools

Install this utility and find out more
you can go under Memory which will be found under STATUS TAB or you can go under REPORT TAB to get a complet report on which is which

Retgards
amha kassa
Lou_20

Thank you kindly, for your reply to my question. I will attempt to follow you advice...wish me luck, -Lou