New Discussion юеВ

Netraid boot problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matteo  Feliciani
Occasional Advisor

Netraid boot problem

Hi,
I have a LC2000U3, and I'm trying to install a Netraid D4943-60002.
The disks are correctly installed and on, i can correctly see the disk booting from a diskette.
My problem is that I cannot boot with this.
Entering in BIOS (F2) I cannot see the card in the bootable disks.
I tryed to replace Bios program too but nothing change...

Does anyone can help me???
5 REPLIES 5
Matteo  Feliciani
Occasional Advisor

Re: Netraid boot problem

news from my LC2000U3:
After succesful flashing the Netraid with the newest firmware (A.04.03), when I try to enter in netraid express tools the system hangs.
What can I do?
Is there any way to "downgrade" the firmware??

Thanks.
clausw
Frequent Advisor

if you have some customized biossettings (maybe channel settings for build in raid), write them down, restart the computer press F11 to reset the firmwaresettings and save settings, reboot.
If you have some customized BIOS settings you have to configure them after resetting the bios configiration.
cpw
Matteo  Feliciani
Occasional Advisor

Tried to reset bios but nothing change...
I cannot find previous version of D4943 firmware
Somebody can help me?
Thanks.
Andrew Pywell
Advisor
Solution

Hello Matteo. The NetRAID (classic) D4943A is supported on the NetServer LC+(Pentium models), LH, LH+, LH Pro, LS, LXe Pro, LX Pro only. If you require a hardware RAID solution for the LC2000U2/U3 system, you should use the NetRAID 1M/2M. For the NetRAID D4943A, firmware A.04.03 was the last ever released and is the only version on the HP web. You could find earlier release(s) on very early Navigator CD's, but it wont really help you much.
Matteo  Feliciani
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Andrew,
this can help me more than you can think.
I'm going to bring back the D4943 and I will take another NetRaid because I can't use it with my server even they said I could.