3244 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion

Netserver LC2000r and Window 2000 Installation

Tan Kian Chye_1
Occasional Contributor

Netserver LC2000r and Window 2000 Installation

Hi all,

I have an old HP Netserver LC2000r that was preinstalled with WinNT 4.

I'm thinking of recycle this machine and reinstall it with Window 2000 server. However during the installation, I have faced quite a few problem addressing to the drivers. Each time I attempt to install the machine, it will prompt me to specify additional drivers.

From the internet, I managed to download a NetRaid Driver but the installation still fail due to the fact that it still couldn't locate any hard drive.

Can anyone show me the place where I can download the full suite of "NOS Drivers - Windows 2000 Name> Disk #1." ?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regard,
Kian Chye
1 REPLY 1
Tony Maimer
Valued Contributor

Re: Netserver LC2000r and Window 2000 Installation

Hello Kian Chye,

First, the official HP site for all HP Windows 2000 Server drivers for the LC2000r is http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=62573&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=62572&prodTypeId=15351&swEnvOID=226

Next, I wonder if you are installing the drivers correctly? You do not say but I imagine you are using the Windows 2000 CD and not the manual install with four floppies. If so, are you pressing F6 to install OEM drivers or are you letting the server autodetect drivers first? You need to press F6 and then choose the correct drivers from the HP floppies you created from the above file.

Finally, you do not specify which controller your hard drives are attached to. All netraid controller drivers are on the first floppy you will create (the second floppy is for NIC drivers).

Tony