Re: SCSI trouble

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jake Ostendorf
Occasional Contributor

SCSI trouble

I have an old HP netserver LM
The SCSI controller is an Adaptec AIC-7770 bios v2.11 S3
it's got five hard drives in it. I'm trying to get them all going but I'm having some problems. If I connect only one disk they work. If I put more than one on the cable it doesn't recognize any of them, and usually hangs up. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk-Based Systems > Disk to Netservers. - Hp forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi
may be a simple suggestion, did you have set an unique scsi id on each disk? have checked the scsi cable connectors for bent pins? is the terminator a SE terminator?
bye
marino
Jake Ostendorf
Occasional Contributor

the SCSI cable apears to be fine. how do I set the SCSI numbers? (I apologize for my lack of knowledge in this area.) also how do I check if the terminator is SE? thanks again for the help.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Sorry for late replay but I was away.
You can set the scsi id with some jumper directly on the hdd, you need to found a sticker on the hdd, or found on the hdd documentation which are the jumpers.
to check if the terminator is SE, usualy it is integrated on the scsi cable or there is a Part number directly on the terminator, with these part/number we can know if it is a SE or Diff terminator
bye
marino