2762 Online
108883 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Searching a CD-Writter for my LC2000

Miguel Cuesta
Advisor

Searching a CD-Writter for my LC2000

Hello.

I'm trying to find an HP CD-Writter for my NetServer LC 2000 PIII/933.

It doesn't have any USB port, so wich one do you recommend me?

Thank you very much.
2 REPLIES 2
Ravichandran.H
Occasional Advisor

Older CD Writer from HP internal or external would be your choice. I understand HP existed the CD writer business.

CAUTION : HP does not recommend a CD Writer to be plugged on to a server. The CD writers must be only on the node. HP does not even provide a driver with NT or W2K server. Infact in intial days of the technology, it was even adviseable to disconnect from network and disable screen passwords before buring CDs.

This is because a CD writer typically (in ISO9660 format) requires a constant flow of data into its buffer that feeds to the laser.
If for some reason, the network introduced a heavy traffic, or if the server is busy serving others, or if the CPU locks up by any process, the buffer of the CD Writer would dry up and cause the spiral writing to halt resulting the CD media un-useable and ir-repairable.
adam tekieli
HPE Pro

Hi,

i recommend you to use HP-SCSI Writer. Do not try to use IDE. There is no CD Writer listed on Tested Product List but SCSI should work fine. You can use on of your Symbios scsi channels or separate PCI SCSI Controller.