1758552 Members
2594 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

tc3100 and netware 6

Jerry Sheehan

tc3100 and netware 6

Have new HP tc3100 Netware 6 server, using all Netware 6 drivers with SP1 from NW.
Have an identical configuration working fine in production currently with no issues.

This particular server, Netware server keeps corrupting the volume, NDS, etc. telling me that server hard drive has crashed or there is trouble with the controller. Ran full diags on server with no red flags.

Any ideas or does anyone know of a driver for on board SCSI card for the tc3100?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: tc3100 and netware 6

Have you tried to run Disk Verify in the SCSI Bios to make sure that there are no bad blocks on the hdd? Diagnostics run on servers usually miss hardware errors on hdd's. Also have you tried the HP driver for the embedded controller from this link? http://h20004.www2.hp.com/keeper_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix74369.html

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Jerry Sheehan

Will try a verify, haven't tried that yet. However, actually we had a new drive in stock tried the load again and it failed. This is why I am leaning towards controller problem or controller driver updates as the source of my problem.
Jerry Sheehan

Forgot to include in last message: it has an onboard SymBIOS card, there are no posts for updated drivers on HP site for this.
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Jerry,

Try the driver that I posted in the previous response. They should use the same driver.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!