108886 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: autopath installer for HP-UX 11i

SOLVED
Go to solution
Glenn Joseph Andal
Frequent Advisor

autopath installer for HP-UX 11i

we are currently experiencing IO bottleneck and one of our recommended solution is to activate autopath but unfortunately when we try to activate the software it says the software is currently corrupted. We are planning to deinstall and install the software but we can't find the installer.

1. Can somebody tell me where can i find this installer?
2. Is this part of the os core or hp-ux support plus?

..... thank for your help....

Otep
9 REPLIES 9
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

which software are you trying to activate?

to remove any software installed use "swremove". from window chhose the software to be deinstalled and from "actiob" tab choose remove.

To install any software " swinstall" is the command used.

yes, both swremove and swinstall are part of OS
never give up
Glenn Joseph Andal
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

thanks for your response.

I am trying to remove the "HP StorageWorks Auto Path for HP-UX" but unfortunately we can't find the CD install of the said software. Do you know where we can find the installer for AUTOPATH?

thanks
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It's not available on the net. You have to ask HP to send a copy
never give up
Glenn Joseph Andal
Frequent Advisor

thanks Ravi. I've already received the new autopath cd labeled secure path v3.0. But there is a prerequisite to install ULM-SERVICE fileset. Is it downloadable? What CD should I use?

very much appreciate ur help...

thanks
Zinky
Honored Contributor

What are your basis for saying you have an IO bottleneck? Is the bottlenek on the XP's front ports (CHiPs?)

Also, what volume manager are you running? If it is LVM and you need more FC bandwidth to your XP array - then you can't do without AutoPath - which is now marketed and sistibuted as SecurePath. Get SecurePath 3.0E - it should be downloadable from hp's storage software web site: http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/sanworks/softwaredrivers/securepath/index.html

If you're running VxVM - then DMP should rock on the XP!
Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
Glenn Joseph Andal
Frequent Advisor

Hi Nelson,

When we run gpm(GlancePlus)there's an alarm saying the server is experiencing disk IO bottleneck and it reaches 100% utilization. When I check it using sar -d it constantly showing that the %busy for my disk is reaching 100%. We are using VA(virtual array). I tried installing SecurePatch 3.0 but unfortunately the installation did not complete due to an error on the prerequisite
"ULM-SERVICE".

Hoang Minh Tuan
Regular Advisor

Hi Glenn,

I am sure that your systems is being IO bottleneck from that symptom. What processes most utilize IO bottleneck from Glance?
I think you choose uncorrectly SecurePath for products. You should run ./intall.sh then choose number 2 for XP and VA product (number 1 for EVA and Compaq products), it will require some patches before successful intallation SP.

HMT
Bus wait at bus station, Work wait at my work station
Glenn Joseph Andal
Frequent Advisor

thank you... System is now running with autopath. Thank you guys for the undying support
Basheer_2
Trusted Contributor

Hi Joseph

Were you able to find that SCSI ULM Service.
if yes, where is it located