1755727 Members
2984 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Barcode printing with PCL5.nloo model script

Daniel J. Kuzilla

Barcode printing with PCL5.nloo model script

Good Day All,
I'm throwing this out in the hopes someone has seen something similar.
What we have: HP-UX 11.23 on RP-7440 servers, Progress 9.1d, MFG/Pro eB 2.1 (SP2), MEC Barcode Generator (barcode soft font generator)
What we do: I've created a barcode software font that we download to several HP laserjets that we want to print bar codes on. I then add the appropriate escape sequences to call that bar code in the MFG/Pro printer set-up menus, and I'm done. That's been working well for several years. We now need to print barcodes on HP printers in China, which print in both English and Chinese via the PCL5.nloo model script. I get the first bar code on the page to print, but after that, no bar codes, just the numeric characters, as if the bar code is missing. Something is turning it off, and I'm suspecting the PCL5.nloo script, as that's the only difference between the ones that have been working for years (which are probably mostly using net_ljx000), and these that don't. Any changes we try within the MFG/Pro screens makes it worse. Has anyone encountered this? Is there any alternative to the PCL5.nloo model script that would allow the double byte characters but be a little more forgiving? Thanks in advance. Dan