but I can't ping the floating ip of Pkg

while the machine's ip and pkg's floating ip are on the same subnetwork
and the floating ip is added on the network Card
what's wrong with the ip
4 REPLIES 4
Carsten Krege
Honored Contributor

Re: bout the floating IP

I'd say that the trouble is with your router.

After cmmodnet was issued, SG triggers the kernel to send out an ARP request to inform the n/w clients about the new IP and its mapping to a MAC address. Since the clients in the local network seem to have received the arp message, it is probably your router who either did not receive the arp request or did not update its arp table.

Carsten
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- HhGttG
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please check parameter SUBNET in the package cntl and conf files. If the parameter has been defined wrongly, the default router will not manage the floating IP.

HTH
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
leyearn
Regular Advisor

but why another pkg's floating IP can be pinged by host on another network?
Carsten Krege
Honored Contributor

Perhaps you try clearing your routers arp cache and see if it works then.

You did not run cmmodnet manually on the command line, did you? THis might not work correctly.

Carsten
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- HhGttG