1754320 Members
3226 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cluster Shell/Perl/HP Internals

Scott Tinsley
Advisor

Cluster Shell/Perl/HP Internals

We have been trying to get a Perl based tool called the Cluster Shell (cssh) to run in an HP 11.11 env using the HP 64bit Perl binaries. The application uses 2 Perl modules, both of which we were able to successfully add to our Perl configuration. The problem occurs with with an unexpected return code from an ioctl call on a terminal type file descriptor. The Perl code being executed at this point is part of the core Perl. The CSSH developers have no HPUX environment to try and replicate the problem. The tool works successfully on Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc. Is there anyone with deep Perl experience on HP that would be willing to look into the problem? I have attached the README to clusterssh in case anyone might be able to try and get it working.
2 REPLIES 2
Hemmetter
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cluster Shell/Perl/HP Internals

Hello Scott

im interested in cssh as well.

cssh complained about a module path issue: fixed with a softlink.
The complained about a architecture thing:
cssh modified by adding:

# predefined for HP-UX 11......
if($Config{archname}=~/^PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi$/)
{
$TIOCSTI=0x80017472;
return;
}

# I do not know whats that TIOCSTI is for

Last some /etc/termcap enhancements for hpterm/dtterm/xterm

Now cssh-window and host-windows open, but that host-windows disapear immediately when typing into cssh-window.

How far is your research?
Did you get some error-messages?
Did you do already some changes to cssh/cchp?

greets
HGH
Scott Tinsley
Advisor

Re: Cluster Shell/Perl/HP Internals

I never got anywhere. I think solving the problem would involve a developer with HP C language experience digging down in the perl code and figuring out what is going on with the ioctl call that controls the terminal i/o.

I have a tool similar to clusterssh that runs on Sun/Solaris called cluster console. The tool has been my savior in a cluster environment where the clusters have 4 nodes and all 4 nodes often require the same changes and commands. I tried to get Sun to release the source but struck out there too.

If you have any luck or finding another tool of similar capabilities, please let me know.

Good luck!