1754368 Members
4260 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: creating a vpar

Frequent Advisor

creating a vpar

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to cerating a vpar in a superdome , which already have 4 vpars. and i know the physical location of free  hard disk and IOs

For the above requirement what i  am planning is

1) Boot in Npar mode

2) Find  out the mapping of hardware address with physical location using Olrad comand

3) Create Vpar

4) Boot to vpar mode

Can you please advise me whether my planning is correct. If you  know any other possibilities which is better than this please  tell me

Regards

Laiju

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I forogt to mention the version of parprovider which im using

#swlist | grep -i par
ParMgr B.23.02.01.03 Partition Manager - HP-UX
T1335BC A.04.04.04 HP-UX Virtual Partitions for 11.23
vParProvider B.11.23.01.05 vPar Provider - HP-UX

OS version is 11.23

Regards

Laiju

pradeep m
Respected Contributor

>> 2) Find out the mapping of hardware address with physical location using Olrad comand

In-addition you can also use the "vparstatus -A" command to displays information about available resources (that is, those not assigned to any virtual partition) in the virtual partition monitor's database. The monitor must be running. Resources are displayed one per line.
Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Frequent Advisor

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the reply,

Using vparstatus -A comamnd i can get the free hardware paths

As i told you i know  only the  physical location of the disk, i want to get the hardware mapping to this physical location

My doubt is using olrad comamnd how can i get the hardware to physical path of the two disks whihc is not at all any part of any vpars .

So i planned to go to npar mode and get the details

If there is any way out for getting the hardware path of these two disks i can  create a vapr in vpar mod

Can you please provide a suggetion for this

Regards

Laiju

pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Please check this link ..may be helpful for you.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General/Hardware-Paths-physical-locations/td-p/5267286
Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details