3329 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Date and Time problem

Shahul
Esteemed Contributor

Date and Time problem

Hi Admins

I have an E45 server with 10.2 and oracle 6. Dump terminals are connected to system thru Lan servers. My problem is so funny. Morning when users loggs in, all the terminals show correct time. But after 12 to 15 hrs (This not exact count) time will show as incorrect, means some random time. This is showing in Oracle menu, Not in prompt. But the same time , If I (root)login and check up the time, It will be OK (This I am checking thru date command). If that particular terminal user logout and login , then date will show OK for another 12 hrs. After sometime again time may get changed.

What can be the problem?? Expecting immediate response

Thanks in advance
Shahul
3 REPLIES 3
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Date and Time problem

It sounds like an application problem, i.e. the application is not refreshing the time on the menu screen. I would start checking there.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
Roger Baptiste
Honored Contributor

<>

This is definitely an application related issue. Is this Oracle menu an custom application?? What happens when you connect to the oracle application and run the menu from another server? Does it show the same problem ??

I think you would need to rope in the application developers or support folks to drill down the issue. Or if there is a log file for this menu activities , you can check the timestamps on the logfile to get more information.

HTH
raj
Take it easy.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Random time? Or off by an exact number of hours (ie, 2 hours ahead or 5 hours behind)? If it is an even number of hours (the minutes are correct) then it is likely a TZ setting problem within the menu program.

If the seconds are random, then as mentioned the application that is reporting the values needs attention.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin