Operating System - HP-UX
1759218 Members
3587 Online
108882 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Diagramming a System's Disk Usage/Configuration.

Steve Van De Ven

Diagramming a System's Disk Usage/Configuration.

I would like to have a hardcopy diagram of a system's disks and how they are used/configured for documenting our HP- 9000 Servers. It is really good to have such report.

Is there any utility like SAM/Perfview, which can automatically generates the Disk usage Diagram report. I really do not want to create it manually.

I have seen some related documentation on the topic of ?Diagramming a System's Disk Usage? with the help of the SAM. But it is not clear to me and when I performed all those steps defined in the documentation, I did not see any output or diagram.

For Server HP-9000 V2500 HP-UX 11.0

Thanks,

Gulam.
There is a solution to every problem, need to try.
1 REPLY 1
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: Diagramming a System's Disk Usage/Configuration.

There is a script that can be run, known as LVMcollect, that was qavailable via an anonymous ftp site. I am uncertain if this site is still obtainable from outside HP.
Try doing:

ftp 15.160.34.32
login as ftp and supply your email address as the password.

cd /home/petervg/tools/lvm/tools

there is a version for 9.X and for 10.X

If you wish to use this for 11.x, then get the 10.x version, and comment out the following:

# if [ $? -ne 0 ]
# then
# echo "nThis version of LVMcollect is for HP-UX release 10.n"
# exit 1
# fi

There was also a graphical version called Xvg, that could be run on an Xwindows interface, but I have not found that on a site available to the outside.

I can provide this if required.
HTH
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!