108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DMP in Veritas Volume manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

DMP in Veritas Volume manager

I believe it is but can anyone confirm for me that DMP (dynamic multi pathing) in HP veritas volume manager is supported with a EMC clariion CX600/700
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/256190.htm

Hope it helps,

Robert-Jan

Ps. search the tech site a bit maybe a doc for hp will pop up.
Kevin Wright
Honored Contributor

PVR
Valued Contributor

As per my knowledge this supports DMP.

Check whether it is an active / active configuration or active / passive configuration.

Active / Active---Multiple data channels will be active depends on the no. path between the server and storage. High performance. Load sharing

Active / passive only one channel will be active between server and storage even if you have multiple paths beween server and storage. Upon failure of the active path, one of the passive path will become active
Don't give up. Try till success...
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Yes it is supported.
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
Bill Rothanburg
Trusted Contributor

I've been working this for several months.

Veritas currently only supports the CX600/700 with a single path (i.e. no DMP) on HP-UX 11i. The ASL is forthcoming, but not yet released.

The ASL will also require patches to VxVM, which are not yet available from HP.

I would suggest opening support calls with both Veritas and HP to get the ASL and patches required.
Wayne Rippy
Occasional Advisor

Check the EMC Web Site by performing a Search with the following :

"Interoperability"

This will bring up the EMC Interoperability Matrix that EMC TAMS use in customer accounts to check and verify whether multi vendor application and or hardware is supported by EMC.

Read the 'disclaimer' and you will find EMC does not have any, because they test and certify the products in their Interoperability Lab.

If the specific item you are looking for is not in the matrix, I would advise calling the local number listed for you and identify yourself as an EMC customer. You will find they are much more receptive to you, and will attempt to identify the TAM assigned to your account.

Wayne Rippy (Previous EMC TAM)

http://search.emc.com/query.html?qt=Interoperability&Search.x=24&Search.y=9