New Discussion юеВ

.dt/sessions directory question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Achilles_2
Regular Advisor

.dt/sessions directory question

Dear all,

I have a question about CDE. I have serveral A400 and A500 servers with 11.00 OS. I found that in some servers root directories has different. In .dt/sessions directory, some are
shown:
curr.AAAa03879 curr.AAAa11741 curr.AAAa20048 current dtwmfp.session system
curr.AAAa10841 curr.AAAa13339 curr.AAAa27063 current.old lastsession

and some are:
dtwmfp.session home home.old lastsession system

I confuse why they are different? How do I synchromize them.

Thanks
Alex
3 REPLIES 3
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Re: .dt/sessions directory question

Hi

currAAAnnnnn are sessions differing by PPID of the dtsession manager.

Single-user modifications made with the drag-and-drop method affect the $HOME/.dt/types/fp_dynamic directory and create a dtwmfp.session file in the user's $HOME/.dt/sessions directory.

home is whene the cde is set to return to a standard session

The rest also vary by what has been done so only users working in exactly the same way see the same.

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor
Solution

The difference is in the way the Style Manager's "Startup" options are set. Click on Style Manager (the artist's palette icon on the front panel), then click on Startup. Under Startup, you can select to "Resume current session" at login, or you can select to Return to Home session". If you choose to return to a home session, you'll need to arrange your desktop the way you want it to appear at login and then click on the "Set Home Session" button.

Pete

Pete
Cesare Salvioni
Trusted Contributor

hi
as other already told you, this directory reflects which object are living and, someway, what should be started by cde when you login.
The only need to sync this directory between more hosts is if you want to have same windows opened when you login, in this case the simplest way is to set 'return to home session', open the window you want and save the home session

hope it helps