New Discussion юеВ

happy sysadmin day!!

SOLVED
Go to solution
boley janowski
Trusted Contributor

Re: happy sysadmin day!!

Rodney,

Let us know what you find out about the HallMark cards.

Andy,

Maybe we could get someone to produce a "Custom SysAdmin Approved" NerfGun!!
someone_4
Honored Contributor

I still think chicken soup for the system admis soul would be a best seller.

Richard
paul courry
Honored Contributor

To all HUGHES sys admins everywhere in every country....

Take the rest of the day off and buy a round for your fellow sys admins on the company credit card!

Signed Paul Courry a HUGHES sysadmin at Hughes Network Systems, purveyors of DirecTV.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Everyone:

I'm sorry to say that somehow this joyous occasion has gone unnoticed at my company. I'm sure that is an exception and that everyone else has had managers, users, etc. come by and
tell you what a great job you've been doing.

Oh well, as long as I continue to get a plentiful stream of portraits of dead presidents, I suppose I'm happy.

Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
William Baines
Frequent Advisor

Hi all,

I was allowed to double the the memory in both of our N-class cluster servers from 3GB to 6GB yesterday. I guess that qualifies as an appropriate gift for sysadmin day.

Here's to a full night's sleep ... cheers!
Work smarter, not harder
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Missed the fun on Friday. Next date is in my calendary with a big red exclamation mark. Hope, the rest of you had some real fun.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
boley janowski
Trusted Contributor

Paul,

I agree, Boley with "Hughes Supply Inc."

NEWS,

My wife came through, I got the NERF "AirJet Power Plus" this is a fully automatic NERF gun that fires 10 darts. Very cool and has the potential to be a SysAdmin Certified NERF gun. Any way, thank you Honey!!
Rodney Hills
Honored Contributor

Fellow Sysadmins,

I went to both Hallmark and American Greetings web sites and found no mention of "sysadmin day". I was saddened to find no mention. The only mentionable event occuring July 27th was "Take Plant for a Walk Day" (I kid you not). It was also Coffee Week July 22-28, so maybe that was how big business celebrates us sysadmins (since much caffeine is needed for those late night system rebuilds).

I decided to scan further on the internet for one of those electronic greeting card web sites (thinking they may be more atuned to us sysadmins). But of the 10 I visited, none mentioned sysadmin day.

I'm not discouraged about this lack of recognition. I know that what I do is important (even though it's hard to explain to my kids (and somtimes my boss) exactly what I do).

So to all -- Go forth and continue to sysadmin.

-- Rod Hills :)
There be dragons...
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Yet another day that went by, in which I remained un-noticed. But, ever-vigalent me continued to provide unyielding support to the thankless masses. I had a beer for me, and tried to have one for each of you, before I passed out.

Ron
Should have been an astronaut.