1758626 Members
2341 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPUX 11 versions

Greg Hall
Frequent Advisor

HPUX 11 versions

Can anyone explain, briefly, the difference between 11.0, 11.10. and 11i?
I understand 11.10 must be a new release of version 11.0 but I haven't seen it on any SupportPlus CD's etc. And 11i seems to be some sort of software bundle but does it include 11.0 or 11.10 or something else?

confused,
Greg
Confucious Confused
6 REPLIES 6
Andy Monks
Honored Contributor

11.10 is only for the V2600-sca machines.

11i allows superdome machines to work. It does have enhancements over 11.0 too. A full list is probably on a HP web site.
Greg Hall
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Andy. I have been and will continue looking for a net site with an explanation, but this is a good start. What's a superdome system?

Cheers, Greg. Points coming up soon.
Confucious Confused
Greg Hall
Frequent Advisor

Andy,
Found some info on superdomes and 11i. thanks for the push in the right direction.

Greg
Confucious Confused
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

The "Superdome" is HP's answer to Sun's E10000 server line.

http://www.unixservers.hp.com/highend/superdome/index.html
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
Andy Monks
Honored Contributor

Superdome is a nice big (upto 64 cpu) machine, that can have hard partitions, so if a cpu etc fails in one partition, the other partitions stay running. Quite cute I think.

Basically, if your on 11.0 you have no great urgency to upgrade to anything higher (like 11i) just yet. I believe it's only just shipping (or just about too, can't quite remember).

If you have a development machine it might be nice to see what it does. Just my opinion and not HP's.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Here is HPs web site for HP-UX. You can find there info on HP-UX 10.20, 11, and 11i.

http://unix.hp.com/operating/index.html