Operating System - HP-UX
1754353 Members
4936 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Inetd.sec access denial message

Inetd.sec access denial message

We recently started using inetd.sec. However, we have several different customers who need to access us remotely through telnet and ftp. What I want is to be able to send a message to a user that gets denied access due to their IP not being in the inetd.sec file. Is there a way to broadcast a message to a user whenever inetd.sec denies them access?
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi William,

I believe an "Access Denied" message is sent by default. And I think that it's hard-coded into the binaries so I don't think it could be "enhanced".

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!

Jeff,

From talking with a few customers who were orginally not on the list, what happens is a simple disconnect with no message of any kind. I was hoping to give a user a number to call and a short message.

Jeff,

From talking with a few customers who were orginally not on the list, what happens is a simple disconnect with no message of any kind. I was hoping to give a user a number to call and a short message. Is there a way to do this in HP Unix 11 either with inetd.sec or something else?
Sundar_7
Honored Contributor

I believe it is possible with TCP Wrapper. Installing the TCP wrapper will give you the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files and you can also create a banner file that gets displayed when any of the user is denied access based on their IP address.
Learn What to do ,How to do and more importantly When to do ?