1755142 Members
3093 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

invoking service guard manager

khilari
Regular Advisor

invoking service guard manager

Hi people, oksy so i had some errors during the managers installation but whne i checked the files under /opt and /var, they were there.
Now, when i try to invoke it by /opt/sgmgr i get
sh: /opt/sgmgr: Execute permission denied.
I am logged in as root and after that i set chmod 777 /opt/sgmgr but still got the same result.
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

Re: invoking service guard manager

I'm sure /opt/sgmgr is a directory. The executable is likely /opt/sgmgr/bin/sgmgr.
--
Jeff Traigle
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

well you would expect that when trying to executre a directory.
The executable is in /opt/sgmgr/bin

man sgmgr
or read the Managing Serviceguard manual
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
khilari
Regular Advisor

Well i issued this command and all i got was a prompt back.
# /opt/sgmgr/bin/sgmgr
#

melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

have you set your display variable?
echo $DISPLAY
and verify this as on an HP-UX node it requires X windows and the DISPLAY to be set.

My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

SG MGR is a GUI application. So, if you are NOT running it via an Xterm or something with graphics capabilities then you won't get anything.

If you do have graphics capability then make sure your DISPLAY variable is set.

khilari
Regular Advisor

well the prompt that i am getting, is it because i have to set my terminal or something, IT IS ANSII right now.. I am not getting any errors so thats good. I have added the path to my .profile also.

Thanks.
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

simple mono-color terminals cannot display the Serviceguard Manager GUI. You must direct the Serviceguard Manager GUI to a color monitor that can display images.

If you don't have one, install Serviceguard Manager on your PC and direct it to open a connection with a Serviceguard node that operates the Cluster Object Manager (grep cmom /etc/inetd.conf)