1755442 Members
3407 Online
108833 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ipchange NFS server not responding

K V BUTCHI BABU

ipchange NFS server not responding

Hi all,
After changing ip address by editing netconf file and rebooting the server, I find that NFS server not responding error message comes while booting and the server waits for a long time to boot completly
Please help,
Babu
5 REPLIES 5
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

Re: ipchange NFS server not responding

Two choices:

1. Change back to the old IP address, or
2. Update your DNS servers and/or the hosts file on the NFS server with the new IP address for your server.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Did you change /etc/hosts ?

Are you running DNS?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

The most likely explanation is that when you changed the ip address you changed to an unreachable subnet. This means that this server is an NFS client and NFS mounts are failing. Also, did you update DNS/NIS/NIS+ or hosts files to indicate the new ip address on ALL boxes?
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.

There are several things to look up to solve this problem:

1├В┬║ As they say you must reconfigure your name service (DNS/NIS/NIS+ or hosts file) in all machines in your network that need to acces this server or this server access to.

2├В┬║ You must look at your network topology. Have you chage the equipement location?. In this case you probably need to change your default router (if you have one). Check the routes (traceroute to find where you stop in your way to the nfs server not responding.

3├В┬║ Confirm that your nfs server is up and ru
En el espacio nadie puede oir tus gritos
K V BUTCHI BABU

Hi,
Thanks all for your help,
I could finally resolve my problem.
The problem was I could not go further to the loging prompt because the server use to get struck in the boot up process, it continued to get struck at nfs server not responding even for 12 hours, finally I unpowered the server, restarted the server in single user mode
after getting # prompt type command 'mount -a'
then I edited /etc/rc.config.d/nfsconf
to disable nfsclient and server

I also edited the /etc/hosts file

I restarted the server and thing became fine again.

Regards,
Babu