1755680 Members
5449 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New Installation of MCSG

System Dude_1
Frequent Advisor

New Installation of MCSG

We are currently running 2 instances in 2 different lun a n4000_1 server. We would like to have MC Service Guard in two different server which is the current server n4000_1 and K380(without any external harddisk, only root disk). Could we move one of the instance to a k380 without reinstallation of the instance and just make use of the cluster to run in k380.
Performance Issue on HP-UX 10.20
3 REPLIES 3
John Poff
Honored Contributor

If I understand your question, you have an N4000 running 2 instances and a K380. If the K380 can see the same disks that the N4000 sees, you should be able to put them in a ServiceGuard cluster. You said the K380 has no external hard disk, only root disk. If that means the K380 can't see the disks that the N4000 is using, ServiceGuard won't do you much good.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

to be able to run these instances (of what may I ask?) on the 2 nodes in a cluster, they must reside on external shareable discs.
You will need to have the K class at the same OS as the Nclass, and you wil need to share the discs for the packages you wish to run on the nodes.
I recommend you read the Managing ServiceGuard manual at:
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/ha
as there is quite a bit of planning information there to asisst you.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Carsten Krege
Honored Contributor

I have to add that root disks must not be shared between nodes.

Carsten
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- HhGttG