1911 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No Daylight Savings Patches for 11.00

SOLVED
Go to solution

No Daylight Savings Patches for 11.00

Hi all,

I was wondering what options are available to me given this scenario.

I have some servers that are unfortunately still running HP-UX 11.00. They are located in a state of Australia where some new Daylight Savings Time changes are about to be implemented. However, HP has not released an updated patch for this Operating System which includes the DST changes.

They have released PHCO_37720 for 11.11, but nothing for 11.00.

The latest patch for 11.00 is PHCO_36096 which includes recent changes for another state of Australia (WA), but not for the current changes happening in NSW.

What can I do about these servers that are going to have the wrong times when DST happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andrew
2 REPLIES 2
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi Andrew:

For systems with unsupporting operating system versions like 11.0 and 10.20, you can simply copy the '/usr/lib/tztab' from an 11i (11.11, 11.23 or 11.31) server, or manually patch the stanzas that affect you.

Although your unsupported server will have the "wrong" 'tztab' insofar as its IPD (Installed Product Database) is concerned and thus running things like 'swverify' will show discrepencies, you will have the correct timezone rules.

After you have updated the 'tztab', plan a reboot sometime before the time change to make sure all processes (particularly 'cron' and long-running databases) have a chance to re-read and re-cache the correct TZ rules.

Regards!

...JRF...

skt_skt
Honored Contributor

that is what i did for HP-UX 11.20 servers too