Operating System - HP-UX
1755908 Members
3167 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Our Forums Community will be Growing!

Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Our Forums Community will be Growing!

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd give you a heads up regarding the merger of HP and Compaq and how it will touch these forums. In an effort to better serve our mutual customers, the IT-related discussion categories in the current Compaq Support Forums will be migrating to the ITRC Forums in mid-October! The ITRC forums categories will expand to include areas for discussion on Compaq products.

New Compaq product categories will be created within the existing discussion family areas in about 4 weeks or so. Not long after, the previously posted messages in the Compaq Support Forum will be migrated into the new categories for searching and reference. New discussions can begin to occur as soon as the new categories are created.

Once the migration occurs, please help us in welcoming our Compaq product users to these forums (some of you may already be here)! We believe that as our community grows, forums users will be able to draw from an even greater pool of knowledge and experience than before. If you manage both pre-merger HP and Compaq products, these forums will now become an even more valuable point of entry for support.

As a point of reference, you should see new categories pop up in the areas of servers, storage, workstations, and management software. Also, a new "networking" family will have a discussion area for switches, hubs and modems, and one for communications/wireless.

As always, your feedback is more than welcome!

Best Regards,
Dan
Forums Manager
9 REPLIES 9
John Payne_2
Honored Contributor

Dan,

That's great! Out compaq guys will be really happy. We really need to talk to some other people about the compaq EVA stuff. The sooner the better!

Thanks

John
Spoon!!!!
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

I will then again meet people I know from my wife's work :)

Will these newcomers (that probably already have some messag/info exchange system going on) get personal instruction about how the forum works?

Welcome anyway. Any info welcome!
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

That's great! They will, without a doubt, find these forums to be the best!

So will you be adding an VMS, Ultrix, OSF, and tru64 areas :-)

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

They probably will come in without points as new users.

So will ITUG be rolled into HP World at some point? I don't think there is a convention place large enuf for that group.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

there was never any points on the Compaq forums before. However, their tech guys did seem to validate every single response/query, so it was less public than the hp forums.

Later,
Bill

It works for me (tm)
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi, Dan

This is a very good move!!!!

Since i am supporting our clients on HP and Tru64, Now it is a single point of contact for me. Nowhere to look around other than ITRC.
never give up
Martin Johnson
Honored Contributor

Great more oprtunities to gain points!

:-)
Marty
Ariel Bourda
Occasional Advisor

Dan,
Great!
I hop of this forum allow, soon, solve problems of the another products.

Regards
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Good,

I'll welcome esp. a TRUE 64 area.

Poor Merijn, more statistics to draw.
And of course it's getting more competitive.
- Problems posted HP-UX vs. TRUE64 !
- Solutions given HP-UX vs. TRUE64 !
- Quotas on Solutions per Problem HP-UX vs. TRUE64 !

Just kidding :-)
Volker