1755694 Members
3118 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

printing 4050

Peter Martinez

printing 4050

I have just setup a laserjet 4050n through SAM but when I try to print only blank pages come out. Any help would be greatly appreciated
7 REPLIES 7
Brian M. Fisher
Honored Contributor

Re: printing 4050

Is this printer network connected? If so are you using JetAdmin 6.15. I think this is the first version that supports LaserJet 4k. The following link will allow you to download the latest software.

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/nonjsnav/netprn.html

Brian
<*(((>< er
Perception IS Reality
Victor BERRIDGE
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Does this mean when you print a document of 4 pages you get 4 blank pages as output?
If so I believe its more like a printer problem, are you shure you have a functioning toner, or laser beam...
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Always test the printer's capability with tghe front panel sefltest. This will verify that it can print a page of data. It also is a wealth of information, especially for JetDirect network values. All HP LaserJet printers have a method to generate a selftest page.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

Jetadmin utility has a diagnostic option as well that tests the printer, the conectivity, the software...
Peter Martinez

Thank you all for your replies. The printer is not the problem. It is being shared on an NT Network and everything prints fine. When trying to print through HP-UX it will print the first page (user info and option settints) then the rest of the pages are blank. We have another LJ 4050 that is using some other driver that is working perfectly. I dont know what type of driver it is but it is not one in the list to choose from in jetadmin. If you have any more ideas please reply. Thank you
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

The Boise print division can also assist, especially in the case of recommending print drivers, as they are the ones that create the drivers: 208-323-2551
"Downtime is a Crime."
Joe Youngs

Try changing the PCL 6 driver under Printer-> settings -> Properties-> details tab to an earlier version PCL 5 or use LJ 4 driver and try printing.
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum