3670 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

reply to a post not found

T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

reply to a post not found

Hello,
Today morning I replied to a post and when I browse that specific post my reply is missing.
Already reported in the forums issues.
Any similar issues before!!

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Re: reply to a post not found

Hi TG,

Happened to me earlier. Only problem was that i had posted the reply to a wrong question than the one i thought i was answering at that time. you get links to the last five answers you had posted in your profile. Take a look ans you may find your reply posted to one of those. Your reply may not have got posted at al if you got an error when you clicked the submit button.

Hope this helps.

Regds.
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

sanjay,
Today morning I replied to the
ifconfig subnet error post and i could successfully submit my answer and even i did go through the reply.
Now my reply is missing.
As i did replied to more than 5 questions my profile does not have that!
Roger Baptiste
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I had a different problem. The response i posted showed up in the thread, but there was no option listed to give points!! ;-)

Next time, keep a cutnpaste of your response and repost it, if you did not spot your response in the thread .

-raj
Take it easy.
Darrell Allen
Honored Contributor

Hi T.G.

Since I'm paranoid that my posts may not "take" and I'd have to retype some long answers at times, I open the reply link in a new window. After submitting, I refresh / reload the original window to see if my post was added. If not, I click back in the reply window and click submit again.

Lazy, ain't I?

Darrell
"What, Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman (Mad Magazine)
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Hi T.G.,

As Darrell noted, you may think the reply was posted when it actually did not "take". This may be due to network, application or server issues at either end of the line. If you received the "acknowledgment" screen after submitting your reply, then that is another issue -- do you remember seeing the ack. screen? If so, the reply should have posted.

Thanks,
Dan
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

With the myriad problems we seem to have, I *always* copy (as in "copy-and-paste") my replies before clicking submit. What's more, I always refresh the link to which I've posted immediately afterwards to verify that my submission has, in fact, taken before moving on.

Regards!

...JRF...
Mary Ann Lipa
Valued Contributor

just happened to me yesterday... itrc site seemed verrry bad, or is it just me? I replied to some questions but my replies were not posted, gosh, i already forgot what are those that i posted...
d_b
Which is worse, smoking or picking your nose in a public place?
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Hello Dan,
I was really expecting your reply.
Dan,Even i can't believe..
I replied to a post and my reply was the second one for that post.i did ymy reply to the post and also the third reply after mine.
Now when I click that specific post I find the reply after mine but my reply is missing.
I replied that day morning and I could see my reply till that evening but after that it vanished.
anyway thanks for the replies.

Bye
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

I replied to a post and my reply was the second one for that post.i did //find //my reply to the post and also the third reply after mine.
word missing in the above message.