New Discussion юеВ

Re: Suggestion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sharon Bi
Frequent Advisor

Suggestion

Dear all,

I have a suggestion in my mind for a while. Don't know whether any of you guys will be interested in it or not.

Is it poossible to set up a catagory within this forum that we can post any problem that we know how to solve it and just want to share with other people. Or any valuable experience we want to share. Because sometimes I found some very interesting problem at work, and finally found the solution. I would like to share it with other people so that next time, if they have the same question they can get an answer more quickly. And also, I believe most of us have been working on some project involing not only trouble shooting but also some planning as well. It will be very helpful if we can share our idea in this area as well.

How do you think?

Thanks!

Sharon
10 REPLIES 10
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

I think that's a good idea.
Is there not already something like that
with the technical knowledge base?
I haven't checked it though.. I
spend all my free time in the forums..
gosh I'm a loser!

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Sharon Bi
Frequent Advisor

Bill,

Yeah, knowledge base is one... but it's kind of more official from HP. I am just thinking maybe we can have an area to just post some little tips/work plan we got from work. So that when other people have the same problem they can try it out as well or get some new idea from what other people have done on their project.

Thanks!

( Me too. My default IE website is this forum...)

Sharon
Bruce Regittko_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

...Plus, not everyone has access to the Technical Knowledge Base. I think a new forum catagory for these topics would be great. Good idea, Sharon.

--Bruce
www.stratech.com/training
Rodney Hills
Honored Contributor

People might use it to solve their problems and will stop posting the same questions over and over. How are we to earn points?

{by the way, I only need 4 more to earn my hat ;) }
There be dragons...
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

No you got it!!
me too today!!
I'm so pleased, my time was not wasted..?!

Bill
It works for me (tm)
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

I am not sure how the point system would work.
Seems like there would need to be a moderator to assign points to the initial answer.
You would not want to automatically assign points to each answer since folks would post anything.

Maybe have the users of this forum post points for the answer if it helped them.

The forum software would have to be rewritten for this new answer forum, instead of having an answer to a question, this would be a solution to a question that has not been posted so far.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
Sharon Bi
Frequent Advisor

Sorry guys. I didn't forget to assign the points. I just wanted to wait for more people to reply... ( I was afraid that if I assign the points too early, other people would think the problem has been solved so that they woulndn't even read it... sorry)

Ok... there you go... for anyone who spent time on answering, I will definitely give a 10!

Thanks!
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Well I have seen folks post tips here on this forum and information alerts too...

Maybe instead of a new place to post..they could be posted right in this forum, but put something unique that could be used as a Search method....like always entering TIPS&TRICKS...how to build a kernel.
So if you went to SEARCH and just entered TIPS&TRICKS it would bring up all these postings.

Just a suggestion,
/rcw

augusto cossa
Frequent Advisor

I'm whit you Sharon. Just to let you know here in Mozambique we are few people using Unix but with many things to ask because of not having suficient experience and what are suggesting will help to much. Go ahed with and good luck to all forum member.

Augusto