108888 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: /var filling up - truncating activity_log

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

If you are running A.29.00 then you definitely need to upgrade!

There is a known problem in that release that does lead to the activity_log file filling up. The problem was fixed in the A.30.00 release for 11.11.

However, as the A.29.00 release is nearly 4 years old, you should upgrade to the A.49.10 release plus PHSS_33918. That will certainly fix the activity_log problem, as well as number of other known problems.

Andrew
Glenn Mitchell_2
Frequent Advisor

Here is another attempt at awarding points. You all earned them because all of your advice and recommendations were good.

Thank you.
Glenn Mitchell_2
Frequent Advisor

I will download the stm upgrades. Because this is a validated production server I will need to jump through some change control hoops before I can load it. Thank you
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Hi Glen,

From memory, you need to select the number of points for each reply, and then hit "Confirm" or something similar before the points are registered.

Andrew
Glenn Mitchell_2
Frequent Advisor

I figured it out - there was a button to the lower left which says "Submit Points" (it took me long enough to figure out).

Do I submit a hardware call on my CPU and disk (I'm not sure there is anything wrong with them - even though stm shown a yellow and grey highlighting)?
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

I'd install the upgraded OnlineDiags first, and then see if you can run the info tools on the CPU and SCSI disk. The 'Information Killed' just means that the Information tool was killed for some reason the last time it was run.

If there's actually anything wrong with the hardware there would be EMS events being generated.

Andrew