108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

What if SERVICE is an NFS mount?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jun Zhang_4
Regular Advisor

What if SERVICE is an NFS mount?

If the SERVICE_CMD="mount -F nfs ...", probably the SERVICE_HALT won't work, since there is no process to kill.
How to have such a service, or resource for a package, so that I have a nfs mount done before the main app is run, and the umount command issued when halting the package?

Jun
Food lover
5 REPLIES 5
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

Re: What if SERVICE is an NFS mount?

You need to use hanfs:

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/B5140-90011/B5140-90011.html

It uses script nfs.mon as a service to monitor nfs.

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

you cannot do what you are trying to do using a service. A service is a shell script that runs and monitors for the existence of specific processes runing in order to check that an application can still run safely.
To have NFS then you need to use the HA NFS Toolkit, and use hanfs.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Sanjiv Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Jun,

You need to use hanfs.
Everything is possible
cl_5
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Use the function "customer_defined_run_commands" and "customer_defined_halt_commands" contained by your package control script to mount an unmount your nfs filesystem needed by your application.

HTH
cl
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

You can purchase it from,

http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B5140BA

-Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn