3297 Online
108875 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error

Rambo_1
Regular Advisor

Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error

Hi,
I got a error as below, could anyone tell me how to fix it?
HP gdb 3.2 for PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 (narrow), HP-UX 11.00.Copyright 1986 - 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.Hewlett-Packard Wildebeest 3.2 (based on GDB) is covered by theGNU General Public License. Type "show copying" to see the conditions tochange it and/or distribute copies. Type "show warranty" forwarranty/support...
Core was generated by `viralloc'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.
warning: The shared libraries were not privately mapped; setting abreakpoint in a shared library will not work until you rerun the program.
#0 0xc5ea16e0 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0 0xc5ea16e0 in ?? ()
warning: Attempting to unwind past bad PC 0xc5ea16e0
#1 0xc5ea166c in ?? ()
(gdb)

Thanks & B.R
Rambo
4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error

Your version of gdb is obsolete. Download the latest and try again to get a better stack trace.

Have you compiled with -g and debugged a live process?
Rambo_1
Regular Advisor

Hi Dennis ,Thanks for your reply.
I have readed some articles in this forums . In another case also whit "Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error. "messages like me , someone suggested to increase maxssiz to fix it . since It *could* in theory also be caused by the stack size limitation. How do you think ?

Rambo
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>someone suggested to increase maxssiz to fix it. since It *could* in theory also be caused by the stack size limitation.

No, a stack overflow will give signal 11. And in the case of the main stack (not thread), you get a particular message saying stack overflow.

So download a newer gdb from the following and see if you get a better stack trace:
http://www.hp.com/go/wdb
Rambo_1
Regular Advisor

Hi Dennis ,
Thanks for your reply.
I will download the newer gdb according to your suggestion.

Thanks & B.R
Rambo