2669 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"Invalid session key" error when making HPE 3PAR API calls from Linux servers

vmorales-2920
Collector

"Invalid session key" error when making HPE 3PAR API calls from Linux servers

Hello all,

I'm having issues when trying to make API calls to the HPE 3PAR storage system from Linux servers. most of the times when I making a call I get an "Invalid session key" error. This problem seems to happen only on Linux environment, as the API calls work fine with Windows environment.

I have also tested making calls using both a PowerShell script and a Python script and in both cases, I encounter the "invalid session key" errors when running them on Linux servers. However, when I run these scripts on a Windows environment, everything works fine.

Any guidance or suggestions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: "Invalid session key" error when making HPE 3PAR API calls from Linux server

Hi vmorales-2920,
I don't know much about API calls. Following may be the issues-
1) Is the key you are using configured with "In Role"
2) Is the key a valid one ?
3) Any network stoppage such as linux server might be in different subnet, network protocol or firewall is a barriar.

Regards,
Shiva_JR
Please mark as 'Accepted solution' if my post worked.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

vmorales-2920
Collector

Re: "Invalid session key" error when making HPE 3PAR API calls from Linux server

@shiva_jr 

Hi shiva, 

We are using the hpe3par python sdk and the package manage the session keys itself, also username and password are correct. We also check the network and it seems to be fine.

Could you explain to me what you mean if the key we're using is configured with "In Role"?

Thanks 

avd437
HPE Pro

open a ticket with HPE support center

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo